Monday, January 4, 2010

FIRST STEPS




Monday of a new decade. On my 'Facebook' page this morning, I found a message from someone saying, "Man, oh man, I didn't want to get up this morning and back to the grind."  Therein lies the difference.  I put both feet on the floor and thank God for another day.  Another day to anticipate miracles and moments. Another day to be blessed and a blessing. Another day to be grateful because miracles and moments can most often occur in the 'grind.'

 My first wish for my new year was to get out of my box and reinvent myself.  But then I suppose I have that choice everyday.  We all do.  But do we do it?

Taking that first step is the first step. There are no rules.  So how to begin?  Seems to me that in a world where you can be anything, the best thing to be is 'you.'  Perhaps a change in perspective is in order by using your inner eyes to see the bigger picture.

Others have their preconceived notions of how we should behave, what we should wear, how we should run our business, what we should say and do, when in reality it is often their own lives that just might need adjustment.

Yesterday I was complaining about something somebody said. I was gently reminded by a precious friend that in the grand scheme of things it really wasn't that important.  Then a moment of clarity hit me.  I am here now!  I am in the present moment.  A moment when I can clearly see what is in front of me - the larger picture.  I have a sense of urgency to leave a mark, to do something extraordinary.  As William Blake said, "Great things are done when men and mountains meet."  My mountain is in front of me. So not everyone will appreciate what I do or how I choose to climb that mountain. But one thing I know for certain - I will climb it!

Who you are is a 'story' question.  What is your story? What is your passion?  Do you let other people stand in your way?

Trust the mystery. Trust the journey.  Have faith.  We don't have to have all the answers. And  maybe we don't have to do everything right! And just maybe we don't have to reinvent ourselves. Maybe we are right as we are.

It has been said that music is made by the space between the notes.  So play the music, listen to that space in between the notes - for that is where you will find your life.


"To make the journey and never have been passionately in love and loved back is never to have lived at all."
~Meet Joe Black~





No comments:

Post a Comment