Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WHAT TIME IS IT?

A man looked at his dog and asked "What time is it?"  The dog responded NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW!

Okay I get it.  Here is the deal.  The time is now.  There is no other time but now.  This is the only second or minute that any of us are guaranteed.  So the question is what do we do with this one second that we know we are blessed with? 

What do you do?  Would do any of us do?  My dear friend and national motivational speaker, Terry Hershey, recently wrote in his blog about the phone calls from the twin towers from those knowing they were going to die in just moments.  What did they do?  What did they have the presence of mind to do?  They called their family....their wives, children, mothers to say goodbye and to have a good life. 

We are so occupied with the piles on our desks, the to do lists, the phone calls to make, the work left undone, and this time of year the gifts and the decorations and the turmoil and chaos of making merry!  We are too occupied with stuff.

During this busy time of year, I want to challenge all of you.  Instead of rushing about looking for that perfect gift for someone who already has more than enough, my challenge to you is to go to your local nursing home and buy a gift for an elderly person who may truly have nothing and may be lonely at Christmas...or go to a soup kitchen and volunteer...and in my case spend Christmas Day and Eve visiting the wounded warriors with my therapy dog Kelsie.

Step back, slow down, and reflect on the true meaning of the season!!

So in my one moment I know I have, my life is measured in the joy I am able to bring to others.

My challenge is this...life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everthing happens for a reason.  If you get a chance take it.

Nobody promised life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment