Tuesday, December 8, 2009

PFC. JOHN D. AMOS II

I never knew this young man, but a friend of mine was his best friend.
Pfc. John D. Amos loved the beach, sitting by a campfire and he loved his family. Some day he wanted to be a police officer. A suicide car bomber detonated two artillery shells in April, 2004 and John was killed in action in Iraq. Today there are soldiers alive because of the courageous actions of John Amos.
His best friend misses him and struggles with the loss every day.
Thank you John - for being a best friend - for being on this earth - and for giving your life for people you never knew. Thank you for coming into my life years after your death. I will not forget you and I will not forget what you gave.
"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again."
Richard Bach

2 comments:

  1. Hello. I'm not even sure if you are still checking this blog, but my boyfriend was with John the day he died and he still remembers him to this day. He recently loss John's memorial bracelet on a beach in Cabo San Lucas. I wanted to replace the bracelet, but didn't know what information was written on it. Please email me if you can help at santpham@hotmail.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jarod Myers is who you need to contact. He wears John Amos' bracelet as well. I have tried to call but all three numbers are disconnected and he isn't on facebook anymore...don't know what has happened. feel free to try...he is in Texas...or was. I will keep searching for you and if you find him let me know.

    ReplyDelete