Saturday, April 2, 2011

THERE COMES A TIME...

"As much as we struggle to do small things, great and grand things we come to that place in the road where we suddenly or finally realize we can't do it without help.  Help from others.
I know I am at that point in my life that it is unmistakeable. Some days I struggle.  Some days I flounder.  Some days I want to relinquish the reigns to someone, anyone, else.  But then something happens that makes me realize the value and importance of my actions.  There are those whose lives affect all others around them.  Quietly touching one heart, who in turn, touches another.  Reaching out to the ends further than we would ever know." ~William Bradfield

Okay, in theory, I agree.  That should be obvious to me by a life spent in service to others. But there also comes a time to let go.

Today I let go.  Sometimes dreams crash into the ground.  After a sleepless night of pondering the shoulds, the should nots and the what ifs, the decision was made.  By no means easy, quite the contrary.  Letting go can be excruciating, but the only answer for me, my sanity and my health is to let go.

Releasing attachments and moving on to your happiest life is grueling for someone like me.  Sometimes holding on makes us stronger, but upon closer evaluation it takes great strength to let go.  For in letting go you are accepting the things you cannot change.  Letting go can be a beginning, as you find you have to let go of some of your cherished beliefs and goals and passions.  Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough.  Letting go is not giving up, it is moving on.

A friend wrote on Facebook this morning, "Only we hold our destiny in our hands.  We have the choice to pick any path we want to go down.  Only you know the right one for you.  Live every day with open eyes and love for everything and everyone, most of all yourself...and pick the path you feel is right for you." 

The path I am choosing is right for me.


1 comment:

  1. By letting go is it giving up or moving on? Do I persevere or is it a reality check? If it is to be, it will come back; and if it is not to be, you've moved on to a different goal.

    In the meantime, you've learned something that helps you in something down the line. :D

    ReplyDelete