Saturday, March 24, 2012

THANK YOU!

If men would consider not so much wherein they differ, as wherein they agree, there would be far less of uncharitableness and angry feelings in the world.
Words read on facebook this morning ~ "They say that the time to find out who your real friends are in life is to notice who is around when times are rough, instead of just when times are easy. When choosing our friends we have to remember that our friends are our family, just the family that we choose to company with, and that we must choose wisely. There will be many people who will be great to be around when times are easy, and when there are no worries, instead take note of the people who remain in your life when times are hard." 
Wow, did this ever hit home.  Without elaborating, suffice it to say I am now choosing to be around those who remain in my life when times are hard!  Times have been hard in my life, as in everyone's lives, but this time, it has been extremely hard.  Decisions were made based on my abilities to lead in adversity.  Sometimes decisions cause us to deplete and crumble. Sometimes people leave us no choice but to make the decision to move on!  Our health and happiness is at stake.  Our reputation is at stake. Our pride and honor is at stake, so we pack our bags and leave. 

I guess I really didn't expect any great fanfare, but a couple of well placed thank yous would have been appreciated, instead of being totally ignored, as if I never existed.  Working 14-15 hour days on a foundation for seven years was my choice.  Leaving was my choice.  And I have no regrets. Thank yous or not!

I have a brilliant future ahead!  I will still "find that ten minutes of talking to my dogs makes be feel better than 45 minutes with my therapist", as author Richard Yancey said.  My dogs say thank you with every look, with every touch, with every nuzzle. 

I will still find stories of faith, courage and sacrifice from the front lines of war with my warriors.  For you see, I have learned an insurmountable lesson from them, a lesson that never ceases to amaze me.  Without exception, EVERY time I tell a warrior, "Thank you for your service and your sacrifice,"  he/she looks at me and simply and quietly says, "Oh no ma'am, thank you for your service and sacrifice." 

So the moral here is that it isn't who cares enough to say thank you to you that is important.  It is the shere fact that what I/you have done and what 'my' warriors have done, has been done with the deepest compassion, caring and love imaginable, and with a heartfelt sacrifice for other human beings and for a country and for freedom!

"History provides abundant examples of people whose greatest gift was in redeeming, inspiring, liberating, and nurturing the gifts of others.
~Sonya Rudikoff













- Joseph Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment