Friday, May 27, 2011

ARE YOU EXTRAORDINARY

We can be extraordinary together, rather than ordinary apart! 

What amazing words.  Think about them.  This can pertain to relationships, marriages, families, friendships, battle buddies, businesses  and organizations.  I for one won't settle for anything but the extraordinary.

People come and go in our lives but those that stay, those that stick by us, those that have our backs, those that help us make that difference that we couldn't make without them, and those that are steadfast in their support of us, prompt us to be extraordinary! 

"Great minds have purposes; others have wishes."
~Washington Irving

Sometimes we are balanced and sometimes we aren't.  There is no magic formula.  But if we are lucky, if we are blessed, there are those surrounding us that provide the props for us when we feel wobbly.  Sometimes we break and have to heal.  And during these times we have to realize that it will take as long as it will take, and  we need to delight in the friends that hold our hands during the journey. 

Who has been there for you when you are healing? This question prompted me to contemplate the following.

Maya Angelou said, " When people show you who they are, believe them the first time."  This is a hard lesson to learn, but with age comes wisdom and with wisdom comes the reality that this statement could not be more true. The more I witness and experience,  the more I realize that there is a lack of willingness in many to give with no expectation of receiving anything in return. To me this is an instant mirror to their minds.  Ouch...that is an eye opener isn't it?

 Recovering from one surgery and two weeks later being told I need another next week caused me to crumble.  But does that help?  I am tired.  I am worn out.  I am disgusted. I have 'stuff' to do...books to write, appointments, warriors who need me, sadly I am flattened. But it is what it is.  So today I write.

Leo Rosten must have read my mind when he said, "The writer wants to be understood much more than he wants to be respected or praised or even loved.  And that perhaps, is what makes him different from others."  For those that choose to be ordinary, go for it.  I for one choose the extraordinary.  I get one shot at this life, and I plan on taking those that also choose to be extraordinary with me!

*****
"Talk sense to a fool, and he calls you foolish."
~Euripides

"Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.  It takes a touch of genius ~ and a lot of courage ~ to move in the opposite direction.
~Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment