Monday, December 13, 2010

THE ROAR OF PEACE

A painting larger than life is sometimes all that is needed to break down the barriers and disturb the cobwebs. 

Sometimes there are those who get so full of themselves and their 'stuff' that they forget, take for granted, and disregard the truly important things in life. 

Today while wrapping Christmas packages and humming Christmas caroles, I was interrupted when sarcasm was thrown at me purposefully.  I wrestled with it, while trying to rise above it. The sad part is is that it was in the form of an email that was sent to others who had absolutely no need to be privy to this type of drivel. It was unprofessional and tasteless.

I believe I dislike sarcasm probably more than most anything.  It takes only a moment and one comment to trample a soul, or attempt to.  And I ask what is the point?  Is it necessary...does it make the person who said it feel better about themselves...or is the intent to make you feel bad about yourself.  Probably all of the above.  But it doesn't work.  It simply serves to show me who the person really is that finds it necessary to fling sarcasm like an arrow. Perhaps nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm.  Today it was unappreciated. Perhaps it is that a 'sarcastic person has a superiority complex that can be cured only by the honesty of humility,' or so says Lawrence Lovasik.

We are all responsible for what we do and say.  Perhaps sarcasm keeps us from saying what we really think about someone.  Whatever the reason, whatever the goal, it is offensive. So today I remember why I am on this earth and I remember those I love and those that love me. There are many more things in this life than to spend time giving someone that kind of control over us.  Thank God for that.

I prefer finding joy in the moment, listening to the roar of peace, watching the pristine blue sky for an occasional white cloud, and returning again and again to that place of peace inside of me that can weather whatever anyone tosses at me. For in reality it is their problem, not mine.

Today I find shelter in my home.  A nest where there is intimacy and belonging and where my identity is fostered and my individuality is at rest. It is my place to discover my self, and that I am a pretty darn good person.  What others dig deep to find against me is their problem.  My private sanctuary is where I am nurtured and find sorrow for those who have lost this ability and this place.










No comments:

Post a Comment