Saturday, April 4, 2020

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE WAITING

                                           WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE WAITING

Too frequently we al have that time between what was and what is coming.  This is where most of us are today.

It's a quiet day. A steel gray sky is framed by the drapes in my office window. Movement seems to have ceased in the world outside.  There are no cars driving by, nor sirens from the nearby fire station. It is a place between a frigid two days and the return of sun.  Here in South Texas waiting is not often accompanied by great patience.  But I find this a peaceful quiet time that others might consider lonely, gloomy and  nonproductive.

Today is mine. I do that which brings me peace.  Lord knows there isn't much of that lately.  With the dogs at my feet, I find solitude productive in an odd way, allowing me time to relax and attempt to let things happen as they should or as they will.  The future will all too soon plunge into the past.  

There is a fear and an elation inside of me, and I don't know which one will win.  
This is a time that seems like an eternity.  

For me waiting has never come with instructions.  I have cleaned closets long neglected.  My desk is immaculate.  I am trying to hold my head up and focus on positive baby steps. And for today, this day, solitude helps me find myself, as I try to remember how to breathe through the negative thoughts and pursue that which feeds my soul.  Dressing a chain saw carved wooden bear occupies my long ago passion for styling food, television sets, homes and myself.  Today, I find just as much joy in this bear rescued from a dirty shelf in an antique shop in Blanco, Texas. 

Miguel De Unamuno said, "Only in solitude do we find ourselves."   I think I am becoming a pro! Today I consider entering into a quiet place of peace.  Today one step closer to the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment