Saturday, November 9, 2013

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

 
 
" NO TRUMPETS SOUND WHEN IMPORTANT DECISIONS OF OUR LIFE ARE MADE.  DESTINY IS MADE KNOWN SILENTLY." ~ AGNES DEMILLE
 
New Beginnings.  A fresh start.  These things don't come easily.  But sometimes one encounters so many 'stop' signs that you can't help but feel you are being guided in a different direction. You fight it as you always have, trying to find another way into the all too familiar quagmire that has always held you in its grip. Then comes a place and time when you realize as Thoreau said, you have to 'go confidently in the direction of your dreams? Live the life you have imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler...'
 
There are times when new beginnings take place quickly, but more than likely they take place one step at a time. 
 
For me this takes baby steps, beginning with simplifying my own life. This is no easy task since my life has been made up of how much I can accomplish in one day to get to the next day to accomplish more.  You see people expect you to continue in that vein.  But when you finally get to the realization that enough is enough, those that care and understand will be there for you and those that don't drop by the wayside. Some ask me what I did today...what did I accomplish....did you get everything done. What if I said I sat on the patio and watched the clouds and defined their shapes into things I love? What if I said I read poetry by Mary Oliver, my favorite poet, living or dead?  What if I said I sat and listened to Indian flutes and gently and lovingly petted my dogs? Or what if I cleaned out a portion of my office and enjoyed every piece of paper shredded? What happened to the old Patsy they would wonder.
 
It isn't easy ceasing the frantic, frenzied and frenetic lifestyle once lived.  You have to learn how to breathe.  How to find peace in solitude.  You have to come to terms with a new you.  And perhaps you will discover that this you was in there all the while just waiting for you to find it and to take those first steps towards a new beginning.  For in new beginnings you will find that all things are possible.
 
So for today, for me, I find that there is no pain in change. And with that comes the realization that there is no changing others.  For changing ourselves takes only a brief decision and a choice.
 
"By perseverance the snail reached the Ark."
~ C.H. Spurgeon
*****
 
"Progress is impossible without change; and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." ~ George Bernard Shaw
*****
 
And my favorite:
 
"Begin doing what you want to do now.  We are not living in eternity.  We  have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand ~ and melting like a snowflake.  Let us use it before it is too late." ~ Marie Beynon Ray
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment