Thursday, July 25, 2013

BELIEVE

"Believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Believe that you may be that light for someone else."
 
Kobi Yamada
 
It has been said that no one can go it alone.  Somewhere there is that person who gives you faith that you can make it.  When you are at your lowest, and it seems the world has beaten you senseless, there is that someone who believes in you and your dreams, and it is then that you peak out from under the covers and begin to believe that they just might be right.
 
 
Everyday I see so many people trying to help our returning warriors/heroes ~ not nearly enough, but some.  For me, I have a passion that will not end for these men and women who have given their best, and in all too many cases their lives, so that we may live in a country that is free. This is a grand and glorious thing, but it occurred to me that as we cherish our heroes, we often forget that we who are there for them are special to someone too.
 
 
Helping a friend, healing a wound, doing a kindness, taken on a challenge or simply smiling at a stranger, as we deeply inhale the air of our very existence on this planet...we too may find that in our own wondrous ways we are a light for someone else.  This is what I strive for.  This is what I find most important in my life.

 
I think of the high points in my life and realize that most of them have come through encouragement from someone else.
 
 
"If someone listens, or stretches out a hand, or whispers a kind word of encouragement, or attempts to understand, extraordinary things begin to happen. ~ Loretta Girzartis
 
 
"Treasure the one who is thinking of you when all others are thinking of themselves.
~ James Gunn
 
"To love a person is to learn the song that is in their heart, and to sing it to them when they have forgotten." ~ Thomas Chandler
 
 
I find when I am scared, exhausted, depleted and desperately frantic for peace and a friendly face, the right person appears.  That person could be someone I have known for a very long time, or someone that just was plopped into my life at the right time and moment.  I truly believe, if you open your eyes and admit you are human and can't always be strong and go it alone, just be you, be honest, be afraid, and holler and you just might find, as do I, that it isn't quite so lonesome out there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment