Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A PLACE OUTSIDE OF GRIEF



Today I need to find a place outside of grief.
 
 In reviewing some of my favorite photographs, I celebrate each moment. Shane and Gracie were bonded at first sight. Shane loved my little girl as much as I do. They would always bow and touch foreheads and speak an unknown, yet intimate language...perhaps the language of love and understanding...as both had lost part of themselves. 
 
Shane had lost both legs in an IED explosion. And Gracie had lost her eyesight. 
 
Shane was then and always will be my greatest inspiration. The smile he would have on his face when little Gracie came near was enough to have made my journey on this earth sufficient! It was a fundamental purpose of being here. I guess the moral is that we need to remember the specialness found in the ordinary days of our lives...hold on to them and treasure them as the gifts they are.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment