Tuesday, August 23, 2011

THE INJURY OF AN OYSTER

"It is not about your name, or your looks, not your bank account, never about who you may or may not know.  It is about your story.  You are writing your own story every single day,with your every choice and decision,with your thoughts and achievements.
~Anita Papas

But what about those whose stories are based on destruction, cruelty, self absorbtion, and lies? What if these stories directly impact you, who you are, and/or your life? Then what do you do?

"Intentionally attempting to inflict pain or hurt upon others simply reveals the narrow minded, insecure place one is operating from.  Rise above such behavior, be a person of integrity and be a positve impact on those you encounter, otherwise you're no different than the rest."
~Bernadette Gabriele

I do not understand those who attempt, with every breath they take, to downgrade and attempt to demolish a person.  I do not have the time or desire to pursue it.  But that doesn't stop them.  The false rumors abound and knives hurled at every move you make.  There comes a point when it is almost humorous and, even more sadly, anticipated.  Then just when you spend one minute or out of two thinking about their fruitless efforts, you receive a letter than says, "Hi Patsy!  Thank you for your friendship.  I am MARINE MOM from Chicago.  I have just spent less than a minute reading your letter and have felt a great message from God.  So thank you for being in my life today."

These are the moments that count.  These are the moments that allow you to let go of the garbage hurled at you. These are the only moments that count.  At it is at that precise moment, I realize that what I am fighting for is not a competition between organizations, but an attempt to educate those who don't 'get' that for hundreds of thousands of veterans, courage is what it takes to face each and every day of their lives, not being able to leave the horrors of war on the battlefield.  For them everyday life is a battlefield.  They are forever 'at war'.

So the question is, why should this be about me?  Why should another organization feel threatened or jealous or angry toward me, for that is not what the focus should be.  What a waste of time. 

People do not have my permission to interpret what I do, think, say or don't say.  Again to them I say, "Poof, you are gone!  I don't have time."

"Who are you to judge me and the life I live?  I am not perfect and I don't live to be, but before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
~Unknown

"The best gift for those who judge you is your shoes.  Let them walk in them, so they know and understand."
~Janet Austin

"It is not what happens to you.  It is what you do about it that makes the difference."
~W. Mitchell

"A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life.  It is the tear that results from the injury of the oyster.  The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life.  If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl."

~ Stephan Hoeller







No comments:

Post a Comment