Tuesday, January 4, 2011

DEFINING MOMENTS

Defining moments. An epiphany if you will.  That moment when you 'get it.'  You know the answer.  All becomes clear, obvious. If we look closely, we will see that our lives are but a string of defining moments. 

One of my defining moments came yesterday late afternoon, when I found quite suddenly that I was allowing the voices of others to drown out my own. The noise of other people's opinions, goals, actions, and desires was drowning out my inner voice, my heart, and my intuition. Time is limited so why do I live trapped. I am exhausted and overburdened, and it seems to be getting worse.  My talents that I most find joy in are being wasted. A defining moment can come with a harsh word, a look, an argument, a touch or it might have no specific origin at all.  But no matter the source you know, you know that you know.

These moments bring about a transformation or radical shift  inside of you and you are never the same afterwards. The course of your personal history will be changed forever.  These could occur when you meet your soul mate, when your child is born, when you or someone you love are faced with a serious illness, or when you have lost a loved one.  Then sometimes they come out of no where, virtually answering a question or a need deep seeded inside of you. There is a shift, as if a switch were turned on.  And then sometimes a clear, conscious decision is made changing your course. A decision that emanates, originates from the need to make a change.  Decisions are made, then commitments are made to that decision. 

But with these defining moments, worlds can collide.  Others might not understand. But you have no choice.

**********************************

"When a defining moment comes along, you can do one of two things.  Define the moment or let the moment define you." The Tin Cup

"Each day is a new canvas to paint upon.  Make sure your picture is full of life and happiness, and at the end of the day you don't look at it and wish you had painted something different."
~Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment